Monday, March 30, 2009

Billy...Elton...Tiffany...oh yeah Will too!

Ever since I was a little girl I have been in love with one musical genius and that is the highly talented piano player Billy Joel. His music has gotten me through a lot of different emotions in my life. I still remember to this day being the nerdy 6th grade student listening to Billy Joel's "For the Longest Time" and "Uptown Girl" and "Tell Her About It" in my tape player on the bus on the way home from school. I would even sing along - out loud!
If you know me you know how much I love him. I try to teach my 6th graders every year that he is THE GREATEST singer.
About a week ago KODJ FM radio in Salt Lake City announced that Billy Joel and Elton John were opening more tour locations on their FACE TO FACE tour and one of these places happened to be Salt Lake City. Can you even imagine how excited I was? I had to get tickets! There was no other option.
Will my amazing husband, who also likes both of these very talented artists and even had Billy Joel playing in the car on our first date, was also all for getting these concert tickets.
Are you in suspense yet...
So Monday morning, 10am the tickets go on sale. There I am in my classroom, all of my students crowded around my computer watching their teacher try and purchase these sacred tickets. With chanting of "Billy Joel, Billy Joel" in the background, my wishes were granted.
WILL AND I HAVE TICKETS TO SEE BILLY JOEL AND ELTON JOHN!! Section 6, row 7.
I cried in my classroom like that nerdy 6th grade girl that I was, and sadly to say still am. I just couldn't hold it in, and if anything I showed my students today that it is okay to be a nerd, follow your dreams and listen to the "best piano man" ever!

"All I needed was a little faith so I can catch my breath and face the world again." -Your Only Human.
"You got your passion you got your pride But don’t you know only fools are satisfied
Dream on but don’t imagine they’ll all come true
When will you realize…
Vienna waits for you." -Vienna.

4 comments:

Will Strong said...

I can't describe to you folks how excited she is about this concert. You have to see her in person to understand I think.

Rachel said...

WOOHOO!!!! It was so exciting to have you burst into my classroom with the good news! I'm so happy for you!

alpinekleins said...

Hello Tiffany,

Thanks for the heads up on the blog! I love these things, makes it so easy to keep in touch. Have a great day cute girl!

Kristin

Emily said...

awesome. every time i hear billy joel (and laryn hill) i think of you.