Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Bring on 2010...

I have never wanted a year to be over more than this one. With the passing of 2009 comes the joy of ringing in 2010. I have had many prayers answered this year and I feel so blessed to have the joy of the gospel in my life. I also feel blessed to have a loving husband and family who are there for me unconditionally. But with all these wonderful blessings I still am grateful to have 2009 over and a new year beginning.

Christmas 2009 was one filled with many emotions. With the passing of my Mother this August I knew it was going to be hard to celebrate the joyful season without her. Will and I traveled to New Jersey to spend the holiday with my Father and Brother. It was a great trip back east and even though my Mother was not physically present you could feel her sweet spirit everywhere.
My Dad made sure that her memory lived on ALL over the house. He had all of her Christmas Angels up and out in each room of their house, her pictures were everywhere, and the needle-points that she completed throughout her life were up and framed for all to see. It was a great way to remember my Mother.

Will and I traveled to New York City on the 23rd. We were caught in the major electrical backup on the New Jersey transit (The train to the city) and spent 3 "wonderful" hours stuck in the tunnel waiting to cross into NYC.

Here are some pictures from New York City:








On Christmas Eve we went with my Father to Midnight Mass at St. Gregory's Church in Robbinsville, NJ. It was lovely and it was Will's first time at Mass. Then we went and saw a huge light show. This light show is not like anything you have ever seen before. You travel by car through the cheesiest display of holiday lights you can imagine. There is even a radio station that you can tune into so that you can fully enjoy the experience by listening to Holiday Music. It is about 2 miles long. All the proceeds go toward the MS Walk.

Here are some pictures to explain the light show:




On December 26th my Father put on a HUGE holiday party for close friends. It was so good to visit with so many friends who I have not seen since August. It was also good to visit with people who I really didn't get that much time to talk to during the week of my Mothers passing. Catching up in a happier environment is always better!
During the party Will got the award for best "food preparer and server" - he was awesome and without him the party would have never happened.
I didn't get picture of the party, I was way to busy, but I did get picture of the after party. I got pictures of the way my Dad decorated and the amount of wine people brought as thank you gifts for inviting them to the celebration.



All and all Christmas was great. It was a successful trip and I am so grateful for all of your prayers over this Holiday season. Will and I could feel them and send our love back to you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Love, Will and Tiff Strong

2 comments:

Will Strong said...

2010 here we come. 2009 I hope we never here from you again.

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Hey! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I didn't know. You are in my prayers! I hope you enjoyed your time in the city also. Next time we will have to try to meet up.

2010 will be a great year :) I know it.