Sunday, September 21, 2008

80's what a RADICAL decade

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANYON CREST
BORN: 1983

This past Friday night CANYON CREST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL put on a huge dance festival and carnival. It was a ton of work for all of the teachers but in the end it was worth it because the kids and the parents had a blast.
Of course the 6th graders had to be the best, so with the help of Will and Joey I made an 80's dance remix, and put dance moves to the songs. It was simply AMAZING! My students danced the night away not only with their dance moves but with their 80's wardrobe. Take a look at the BLAST from the 80's in the pictures:
I have to say the BOYS outdid the girls! They were KARATE KIDS, 80's PREPS, HIPSTERS, and WANT-A-BE "OUTSIDERS" it was just amazing!
Hot pink, neon colors - wow - did we actually put that much makeup on in the morning?
The boy again out did themselves, but check out the hair on the girls! Who remembers this?
Give a shout out for the BOMBER JACKET!
I got ready at home about an hour before I had to be back at school at 4:30 - when I came out of the bathroom Will said to me "Where is my wife?"

This is a Video of the Footloose dance!

The dance festival was AMAZING! My kids are AMAZING! And I am so lucky to be able to teach my kids not only about the 3-R's but also about one of the WORST decades ever, the 80's!

"This Blog will self destruct..." Inspector Gadget is on the case!

THE CARNIVAL PART II

Another great part of the whole night was the carnival. Will and I had Bailey and Brooklyn come with us for the night. A carnival is so much more fun with 2 five year old's. They are two adorable and smart girls, once they figured out that when they told people "We are Mrs. Strong's nieces!" the used this little phrase and their smile to get what they wanted. I just love having them at school with me, and Will is the best Uncle ever!
I just love being an Aunt, it is so much fun! Bailey and Brooklyn were so cute the whole night.
Check out the face paint, flowers and a dinosaur - Guess who picked which?
Bailey is my hero, she actually picked up the snake, I just couldn't do it! I would have had more nightmares than I already have.


Sliding down the slides was a huge huge hit! I was a little nervous because there were so many big kids, but Will reminded me that they are big now too and will be fine. I think I am way over protective!

Thanks for coming Bailey and Brooklyn! I love you two!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. I CANNOT believe Bailey held that snake! Will you email me that picture? Thanks for having her down there with you guys. She had a blast!!

bethmess said...

So I'm so glad I got to see the footage of your 80's dance. You're awesome. Brooklyn had a blast and want to know when she will see her Aunt Tiffany and Uncle William again. She said her favorite part of the carnival was petting the turtle. Thanks for thinking of the girls.

The Wi Family said...

WOW!!! I wish that I had had you as my 6th grade teacher. You're awesome at what you do. Your kids are so lucky. Looks like it was a lot of fun! Loved your outfit and the dance!

Rosie said...

You posted that just for me...did't you! It was hilarious to watch/look at and the best part is...I didn't have to plan a thing to do with it!! You looked awesome and your students look like they are a lot of fun this year! Love ya!