Saturday, January 24, 2009

What I have learned in the past week

1. The power of prayer is amazing. Thank you for all who have been praying for William, my mother, and I. We felt your love and your prayers a lot over the last week.
2. Unconditional love is something that all people deserve.
3. Friends make your family even bigger. Thank you Fran, Brad and Sarah for having Will and I.
4. I am a Jersey Girl and always will be - I just don't really want to live there.
5. Why don't I want to live there? Will and I got lost on the turnpike, the garden state parkway, and Rt 1 all in one night. Don't ask. It is a touchy subject.
6. Don't loose your luggage on a trip that is less than 60 hours.
7. Target is my friend.
8. Flannel sheets rock!
9. The DELTA cookies aren't that bad. (I ate at least 8 of them on the trip)
10. I really appreciate the area where I grew up, it really is pretty. Pennington NJ proves that New Jersey really is the Garden State.
11. My 28 students are very protective of their teacher, and they really do know how to make her cry just by seeing their smiling faces.
12. I am so grateful to have Will and his family in my life.

Here is some pictures to go along with what I have learned this week:

My High School
The Turnpike
Beautiful Pennigton New Jersey
Where we got lost the FIRST time.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

You went to Jersey? I apparently need to catch up but since we miss each other these days. Call me! 253-549-6467

Emily said...

um yep we need to catch up too! what?!

Will Strong said...

Fact: The highway system in New Jersey was designed by The Devil himself (the Jersey Devil that is.)

We almost got in three separate accidents in the Pennington Circle. For those who don't know, a circle is a terrible cross between an intersection and a roundabout.

Anonymous said...

It was awesome to see you guys! And I would have to agree with you Will, about the circle. It's taken me 8 months of driving to get to the point where I can semi-sanely navigate that thing.
Love you and come back soon!

Sarah