Saturday, May 9, 2009

COTILLION 2009

OLD HOLLYWOOD...GLITTER...GLAM...DANCING...and an amazing group of 6th graders to make the night a success. Oh and did I mention a 1960's limo?

The 6th grade Cotillion was outstanding this year. It was the best I have ever seen. The students looked stunning, their dancing was very impressive, and their manners and poise topped the charts.

These pictures truly are worth 1,000 words.

There are also TWO videos. Our dance instructor this year is the head BYU ballroom dance team coach. She was astounding! BYU is #1 in the world. Her daughter is in 6th grade this year that is why the 6th graders were so amazing! Two pairs of BYU dancers came and performed 4 dances each for our students which made the start of the evening OSCAR worthy!
The Second Video is my students dancing the FOX-TROT. This was the only dance I got on video before the battery on my camera died. I wish I got them doing the swing and cha-cha because they were so darling and really showed their chart topping dance moves. Just keep reminding yourselves...80 sixth graders dancing in an organized fashion...WOW!















Cami came to Cotillion also and I got a few pictures with her. It was nice to have her there and my students where thrilled to see her!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I loved the dancing video. So cute!

BriAnna Jenkins said...

Hi! I know you don't know me, and this is totally random but I linked over from Angela Nearing's blog, and I am dying to know how you got your blog background. SO CUTE! Totally love it. =)