Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finding the JOY in RUNNING

On May 16th 2009 I am going to be running a 5k race at Thanksgiving Point. It is going to be my first race in 5 years. I am not running to win, to get a certain time, but instead to just run to remember why I fell in love with the sport. I had an injury to my foot that has caused me to stop running in 2002. You can read about it here.
I want to run to prove to myself that I can still put one foot in front of the other, and to also show Will how exciting being part of a racing event can be. I love the whole thing...the night before, the butterflies, the morning of the race, the crazy way runners act around each other, the running shoes, the outfits, the water stations, the cheering crowd, I love the whole thing. I want Will to see what my life was like when I was running. It is going to be a day to be happy about!

Here is the site of the race I will be running in and also some LIFE tips.


10 Tips

Running with Angels - Pamela H. Hansen

1. Take time to rejuvenate yourself—physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. You, as well as others around you, will be much better off!

2. Rearrange your priorities. How high does “taking care of myself” rank? Is it time to move it toward the top?

3. Devise a plan and hold yourself accountable.

4. Replace bad habits with good ones. Rejoicing in even the small but positive decisions you make will lead to significant progress over time.

5. Take responsibility for the decisions you have made. Learn from your poor choices, then move on!

6. Record measurements and feelings. They will show you just how far you’ve come!

7. Think more positively. You can soar on the wings of an optimistic attitude!

8. Uplifting music can be an incredible motivation.

9. Express gratitude for heavenly and earthly angels! What can you do to lift someone else and ease their burden?

10.Learn from life’s lessons. Instead of asking “Why Me?” ask “What can I learn from this experience?”



1 comment:

Laurel said...

Go, Tiffany! Yay!