Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Nephews and Running...what could be better?

This has been a great weekend. I took Friday off from work to meet the newest members of our family: Zachary Messmer, and Noah Matthew Strong. They were born one day apart at the same hospital. Zachary was 8 pounds, 5 ounces. Noah was 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
These pictures are just of Zachary, Noah is in the preemie unit so I was not allowed in to see pictures. But don't worry I will, he is so cute with a full head of dark hair.

Big brother Brandon


Big sister Brooklyn


Saturday morning Will, Jason and I got up at 6am to get on the road and watch me participate in the Running with the Angels 5k road race. It was the first time in over 3 years that I ran a race, and the first time in a year that I ran. It was a blast! Will's mom was in town to see the new babies and got to see me race also.
My best friend Cami Roberts, and her boyfriend Andre were also at the race. Andre works as a trainer at 24-hour fitness in Provo, and actually won a body building competition this past March, but when it came to running...I got him beat. His 3% body fat didn't scare me!
I ran a good race for the first race back, and I can't wait to do another on on the 4th of July. My foot felt good, and I am soar but in a good post-race kind of way.
My time was 20:58, which is 6:46 pace per mile, and my overall place was 4th. I got 2nd in my age group. I was happy with that. For sure I know my body could train for better times, and I know I used to run a whole lot faster, but for right now my foot doesn't hurt, and the best part is I am happy.

Andre and his awesome shirt. The other gal is one of Andre's training clients.
It was her first race.
Jason, Will and I doing the running man.

Oh and one of my lifetime dreams came true...
There at the finish line was the person I love most in this world waiting to give me a hug, say good job, and still love me no matter what place I finished.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute! I'm glad you had a good weekend- you deserve it. Love you!

Sam and Terri said...

I am so glad that you were able to run that race.
And cutest babies ever. The pictures are making me baby hungry.

Will Strong said...

The current grandchild score in the family is Boys:10 Girls:2. Just a little unbalanced.

The Wi Family said...

Way to go Tiff!!! And what cute little babies. You look like a natural holding them :)

Emily said...

ahhhh that's the cutest thing in the world. i remember when you said all you wanted was a man to hand you a waterbottle at the end of the race and not care how you finished - and that was years before will came along. i'm glad your dream came true. and even though it doesn't really matter how you finished, you finished awesome!!! great job!