Friday, August 15, 2008

Back to School










Who remembers the first day of school in 6th grade? Come on...you were the oldest in the school, you HAD to remember. Well, the teacher you had most likely remembers too, but she not only remembers You, but she can recall the HOURS of work that went into setting up the best year in elementary school for you!

This past week Will has been AWESOME! He has helped me set up, clean up, and basically ready-up my room for the new school year. While I was at meetings most of the week Will created the most AMAZING name wall. At Canyon Crest it is a little silent competition to see who has the BEST name wall. I WIN!

Will made little thought bubbles for all of my students names, and then had little people floating in the air above the mountains, it is a sight to see. It took a while, and as you can see in the pictures my room was a mess for a good week and a half. But as you scroll down you can see my room come into full force and it looked really good by the time back to school night rolled around.




































LET THE NIGHT BEGIN...










This is my neat room ready for BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT!










The kids come and "preview" the room, meet me, and pick up any information they need for the first week of school.


I am excited because it looks like that I have a great class this year.

















































I know - I still look like one of the students - can't help it - that is why I love 6th graders, they keep me young!

Back to school night is over! Let the new school year begin!

Will thank you so much I could have never done any of this without you! Love you!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh my gosh your room IS so clean! You look so cute and I can only imagine what you were thinking...you lucky duck getting a Peterson kid in your class! I'll call you soon! You look like you can handle a whole year again...amazing how that happens!

Will Strong said...

I had lots of fun helping out. But I'm glad I don't have to teach full time. That takes some guts.

Tiff gots guts.

Rachel said...

Yeah... You totally win. But not all of us have husbands that are amazing artists! love you
ps- see you at DMI training tomorrow :)