Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good Bye ZIPPY, and Olympic Preview

GOOD BYE ZIPPY...
Today Will and I sold the Jeep Liberty. It was a 2002, Jeep Liberty Sport, with only 51,500 miles on it. She was a great vehicle. she traveled with me, laughed with me, sang really loud with me, cried with me, and even allowed Will to drive her without giving him to much trouble.
We sold it to a cute couple and their daughter named Tiffanie. She is a Junior in High School and is getting the Jeep as a surprise! They are a really nice family and I am excited to know that my cute "Baby" will have a great new home. She needs to bring joy to another teenager. I did warn the parents that Zippy might have a bit of an attitude because she is a "Jersey Girl."

OLYMPIC Preview
I have two very good friends that are competing in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. It is so exciting!
Marcus McElhenney is a Rower. He is the Coxswain on the team. So he gives the directions and motivates the rowers to the gold! It is really inspiring. Marcus and I have been friends for what seems forever, we worked together at Princeton Running Company. After my Foot Surgery Marcus was a huge motivator who helped me learn how to walk! GOOD LUCK!!
Website for Marcus
Picture of Marcus








My other friend Josh McAdams was a team mate on the BYU cross country team. He is one of those guys who is friends with everyone and is so supportive of everyone. No matter how well or how bad you did in a competition. Josh runs the Steeple Chase. Now, you might be asking...What is the Steeple Chase?
Definition: The length of the race is usually 3000 m. The steeplechase barriers do not fall over if hit; some runners actually step on top of them. Four barriers are spaced around the track on level ground, and a fifth barrier at the top of the second turn (fourth barrier in a complete lap from the finish line) is the water jump, which consists of a barrier followed by a pit of water which is 3.66 m (12 ft) long and slopes upward from 700 mm (27.6 in) deep at the barrier end to even with the surface of the track.

So basically it is a Race around the track with a water pit that the runners have to jump over.


YOUTUBE VIDEO OF JOSH (Really good)
FUNNY YOUTUBE VIDEO (Listen to the people laughing)

Josh's Website

Picture of Josh.









Good Luck and many prayers to both Josh and Marcus! You both are awesome and I am so excited to watch you and all the other Olympic Athletes!

OLYMPIC WEBSITE
NBC.com/OLYMPIC SCHEDULE (Utah schedule)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

T & W,

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! Right now were are gearing up and its nice to know we have you all on our side!

(P.S. I love your blog!)

Love always,

MARCUS

The Nearing Family said...

hey! good luck to your friends! the olympics huh? that is BIG! :>
and HECK yes we would LOVE to come to the wii party. eric just had to buy his own now too so we will apparently be setting up eric's at home when we get back the end of aug. i get back the 14th but eric does not until the last week of aug :< working up here is AMAZING pay! (yay money right) but hard. it is freakin gorgeous though. so plan the party (pretty pretty please!) for the end of aug por favor!
:>
love
ang

Will Strong said...

Goodbye Zippy. I'll miss you. Well, I guess that's not really true. Anyhow, enjoy your new home.