Monday, August 11, 2008

My Texas Missionary


My good friend PJ (Sister Stephanie Johnston) is on a mission in Texas for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She is such a good missionary and always has funny stories to send me. This past week I read her e-mail and it made me laugh so hard...I am so glad that her humor has not left her.
"Speaking of prayers, OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. I know you all have been praying for this in my behalf, so I thank you, because with our faith combined, we broke the lasagna trend! This week, there has been no lasagna…there has not even been a hint of pasta in our midst. Glory, glory, hallelujah."

PJ is a dear friend, she has been there for me through a lot. She is more like a sister. We have a very different group of friends, listen to very different music, watch different movies and TV shows, have two different wardrobes, and well are more different than two people could be but are AWESOME friends. She is one of those people who I can not talk to for weeks and feel like I have not missed a beat in our friendship!

PJ caught my bouquet at our wedding. It was so cool because she was leaving on a mission a week later - I guess she will be married really fast when she gets back in 18 months! Watch out boys!









"The picture I included is of our first investigator to take the plunge into baptism. It was a very eventful day, as I hear most baptisms are, but what matters is that she got baptized. And she's so happy. And her family is now going to be able to go to the temple someday. I want this for all of my investigators. My favorite is when we find a family—like, for example, our home-boy Robert. We contacted his father. His father told us to go talk to his son, at first we thought it was just for him to get rid of us, but we've been teaching Robert ever since. This week, we picked up Woogy, his brother. Yes, Woogy. THEN, yesterday, we picked up their "mean mom." She was the missing link. She's coming to church, and making them come with her, because they're good boys who listen to their mama because they fear her. Heavenly Father is making all the pieces come together, and it's amazing."

No comments: