Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008


IT'S HALLOWEEN
It's Halloween! It's Halloween!

The moon is full and bright
And we shall see what can't be seen
On any other night.


Halloween was so fun this year! Not only did Will and I go as an AWESOME 80's couple, eat lots of Candy, and see a ton of really cute costumes, but best of all we had a blast scaring my class and the rest of the 6th graders while on the tour of terror at Canyon Crest!

At the end of the Day Will and I were so tired. Will was I believe more tired than I was! He is such an amazing husband who treated the 6th graders to the best Halloween they have ever had. And to the best Halloween I have ever had also!

The Story: Canyon Crest was built 25 years ago. The first year it was open there was a custodian who was really mean and who hated the students. He would lock them down in the "basement" or in the "boiler" room and leave them there. And that part is the truth! So of course this man was fired and never worked at Canyon Crest again... But doesn't that make the best story ever! And a story which you can exaggerate and make into a creepy Halloween story! So Ford White, our AMAZING vice principal, took our 6th graders on a "tour of terror" that would go on to tell the students that the custodian murdered students in the basement of the school. The custodian's name was "Mr. Riser" and so Ford took the students down to the "RISER" room or what we know today as the boiler room. I don't know if you have ever been into a BOILER room but it is so creepy! The kids were freaked out! It was awesome, especially when Will popped out of the dark shadows in a cloak. It was a fright those kids are never going to forget!

Here are some of the pictures from the day.
Halloween 2008 was one I will never forget!

This is one of the best pictures, it is our crazy librarian, music teacher and Mr. White signing "Halloween Carols" for all the classes. The went "spooky-caroling."
Here is the video of the singing, it rocks:


The costumes this year were awesome!
Musical chairs is still fun - especially to thriller...
HSM 3 or a bananna?
My McKay kids are so cute!
My boys, and yes they pulled the woopie costume off great!
Who killed her? This costume was just amazing!
Grandma?
The best twin costume!
Will and I ROCKED the 80's!
Vote Sarah Palin - or Rachel Martinez for VP?
Cami Roberts! What a sexy silver suit!
Jennifer Heldenbrant is the other 6th grade teacher. She went as a 2nd grader!

It is Halloween! It is Halloween!

3 comments:

The Wi Family said...

How fun! Halloween is so fun in school-your costumes are awesome by the way!

Ashlee Raubach said...

I LOVE that you love your students sooo much! It really shows! You sincerely love each one of them, and know each of them so well. Your really are the best teacher we have ever had! Can you just come with Cayden to Jr. High and always be his teacher?! Thank you so much for all that you do!

Rosie said...

You look so cute. I MISS YOU! I have a lot to tell you...hint hint and I will wait for you to call me! Talk to you soon!