Saturday, July 19, 2008

The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming!



Alfred Pennyworth: Know your limits, Master Wayne.
Bruce Wayne: Batman has no limits.


Wow and Batman really showed that he doesn't have any limits. Last night Will, Jake, Kat and I went to see "The Dark Knight" and it was AMAZING! It was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It was dark, scary, spooky, dark, exciting, dark, funny, on the edge-of-your-seat awesome! If you have not seen it yet - go - but don't take the kids. It is not a movie a kid under the age of 13 should see.

The Joker: Where do we begin? A year ago, these cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of you. I mean, what happened?
Gamble: So what are you proposing?
The Joker: It's simple: Kill the Batman.


The four of us have been preparing for this movie for a while now. I have just been introduced to the whole world of "Batman" over the last few months. Jake and Will know EVERYTHING about Batman - and taught me what I needed to know, and would even answer my silly questions. It was cute sometimes they would even laugh a bit because they really did realize that I am not a comic book nerd. I did though learn where certain characters came from like Cat Woman, and Bat Girl. I don't feel so Silly Anymore!

Here is a little time line of the events that lead up to the MOVIE!

Jake and Will made Shirts that we all wore to the movie. They rocked. Each one hand made and had a Unique design. What amazing Husbands we have!






It was really neat to see the shirts come to life! The boys were like little kids, they were so happy and proud of themselves to be making Batman shirts.






Here is a sketch of what my shirt was going to look like.








Here is Will's finished shirt! It rocked!








This is Jake's shirt! It is also way cool.








Now these are TWO HOT GUYS in their BATMAN shirts!

"Perhaps Batman's obsessive behavior gives us a glimpse of what would happen if our little obsessive behaviors became overwhelming. Or maybe his dark side brings out the dark side of every person."



You might be thinking in your head...where are the Wives shirts...when will they get made...gotta be honest we were too...
Don't worry they got done though...and the boys said on multiple occasions "your shirts are so much cooler than ours." So the wait was WELL worth it!

This is Will designing my shirt while watching Christian Bale do push-ups on "Batman: Begins."







This is my completed shirt! It is so awesome!

"The only thing better than being a Batman fan is getting to share it with other people.
"







This was such a great day! The movie was super, our shirts ROCKED, and the four of us came out of the movie better friends than ever!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Your shirts are great. What fun! I was wondering if anyone at the movie admired your shirts and wondered where you got them.

Bre said...

Tiff, you guys are seriously so adorable! I love how much fun you guys have together!

bethmess said...

You guys are awesome. I can't wait to see this movie. I love the batman. . . especially when he takes off his shirt.