Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Will and the Pettit Boys!

Will and I spent some time in Riverside California before and after we attended Comic-Con. Riverside is such a cute little city, there are tons of orange groves and beautiful trees to look at. But the best part of Riverside is Will's family - Will's parents, and older sister Rebecca and her family; Doug her husband, and their 5 boys - Andrew, Michael, Ethan, Jacob, and David.
During the few days that we were there in Riverside there were tons memorable events that happened:
*Ice-cream with TONS of rainbow sprinkles. (Jacob really loved the sprinkles - especially pouring them himself. And I ended up eating most of the ones he poured on his ice cream)
*Watching our wedding video - and I didn't cry this time.
*Having the boys watch me do crunches in the grass - and then having Ethan tell me "Tiffany you need a shower!"
*Talking with Rebecca on the couch while all the boys - including Will played "Smash Brothers."
*Being convinced that staying an extra day and traveling home to Utah on Monday was a good idea. (Good job Andrew and Michael)
*Going to the food store super late Saturday night to make sure that we had all the important ingredients for "Grandmas' pasta sauce."
*Eating really good ice pops!
*Seeing BATMAN again! Talking about BATMAN again! And spending time with Will's parents just talking.
*Going to Church in Pants and "street clothes" because Will and I didn't know we would be staying for Sunday. (I had one of Baby David's blankets to cover my lap)
*Attending "California Dreaming" summer spectacular with Rebecca, Doug, Andrew, and Michael. It was the first huge jubilee I have ever seen put on by the church and it was AWESOME! The best part of the night was watching all the youth run off and on the football field, some lost shoes, some fell, but most of all they were all just being kids and having fun!
*Learning that "duct tape" cures WARTS! (Thanks Doug)
Quotes of the week:
"Tiffany why are you always around William?" -Ethan.

"Tiffany are you here to play with my mom?" -Ethan.

(Ethan is very confused on why I am around all the time now, he can't figure me out - and it is so cute.)

Basically being in Riverside was awesome. It was so great to see how much 5 brothers love and care for each other. Doug and Rebecca really have raised amazing kids and Will and I can't wait to go back to spend time with them!

No comments: